Upcoming Music Festivals
Upcoming music festivals in the US, Canada, Mexico, Europe, and the world. Edm festivals, rock festivals, hippie festivals, and more genres. The biggest music festivals to the smallest. Find music festivals by month. Festivals by season. The top music festivals in 2022 are Coachella, Woodstock, Firefly, Summerfest, Ultra music festival, Tomorrowland, and Hangout music festival.
This festival guide is full of tips and tricks for planning for your next festival trip.
1. Choose your festival dates wisely. Festivals are about community and helping one another. Consider the latter when you choose your next festival buddy..
2. Make a flag so you can easily find your tent. Use it as a marker wherever you go. It's called "home" and it makes it easier to follow your group among the sea of people. Get creative and customize yours with ballons and shiny bedazzled goodies.
3. BYO lids
Whenever you buy water at a festival, they take the lids off. Bring your own or even better a reusable one.
4. Always have a hairband on your wrist
Perfect for whipping it into an emergency topknot if you get sweat or beer in it.
5. A giant pack of wet wipes.
6. Don’t expect your phone to work, and if you really need to, buy a signal booster.
7. Think twice about where you set up camp, near toiles are never a good idea. If the ground is mushy move your tushy.
8. Bring sunscreen and a large brim hat. Yes, this is an occasion where it's perfectly acceptable to wear one.
9. Only ever take to a festival what you’re prepared to lose.
10. Make sure you have insurance. If you are traveling to a different country it is a good idea to have the proper travel insurance in case of an emergency.
11. Zipper pockets at festivals are key.
12. Always carry a flashlight, to check out the toilets, at night.
13. Carry a reusable water bottle and use the public water on site. You can buy slings to hold them or use a carabiner and attach it to your belt or fanny pack.
14. Wear rainboots in the morning to fill up your water bottle.
15. Use a fanny pack for easy access to your festival essentials.
16. Get a comfortable tent. Something that you and your company can stand up in.
17. Pack plenty of toilet paper or at least tissues.
18. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
19. Wear comfy shoes.
20. Wear a watch to avoid using your phone battery for the time.
21. Look after your friends. Because of Karma
22. Practice putting up your tent beforehand.
23. Don’t book your day up, leave yourself some free time to explore the festival and go where the mood takes you.
24. Look for landmarks near your tent.
25. Divide your money into different places.
26. Use showers in the afternoon while everyone else is watching the main stages.
27. Take hand sanitizer and use lavishly.
28. Take cash – ATMs line ups are never fun.
29. Have a designated place to meet between you and your friends, someone is bound to get lost, you always know that at 9 pm every day you’ll be at that tool shed, kind of like homeroom.
30. Print off the map of the grounds so you don’t have to keep looking at your phone. And you can pretend like you are looking for treasure
31. Read the info on the website so you’re clued up on what you can and can’t do.
32. Have your face as your phone wallpaper, and your friend's number, so if you do lose your phone someone can find you again.
33. Old mobile phone batteries last forever. Nokia 3300 standby time is 9 days?
34. Make sure you eat and stay healthy for the festivals. Bring bananas 🍌
35. Leave early or leave late
36. Make one of these lanterns https://youtu.be/3sw5y32rEdg
37. Drop a map pin if you parked a car