Fun Things to do in Savannah
From music festivals to art exhibits, paddleboarding, kayaking and evenings on the town, mild temperatures create the perfect setting for relaxation and revelry. To get the richest Savannah experience, take plenty of time to savor the citys fresh coastal cuisine and enjoy our culture. Park the car and get walking to discover one of the greenest, most pedestrian-friendly cities in the USA. Tour 22 beautiful park-like squares draped in Spanish moss, stroll along River Street and take a trip to Savannahs beach town, Tybee Island.
Best time to go
Busy season March and July. When most festivals are happening
Get a deal from January - February (low season)
Best time to go mid September - mid November.
Fun city facts and activities
- Walk walk around the and discover all the squares.
Go on a free walking tour
Explore a cemetery
Re-enact your favorite moments from forrest Gump
Tour the historic churches
Spend a day on Tybee island
Window shop on Broughton street and walk down to the river district
Discover the Savannah botanical Gardens
Neighborhoods to explore
- Historic district (most of the action)
- Southern Cajun like cotton and rye
Mom and pop's are everywhere, we love narobia's grits and gravy.
Quirky restaurants (the grey, is in an old greyhound terminal)
Fried green tomatoes
Shrimp and grits, Fried chicken (every Sunday at Grey Market)
Breakfast burger at Husk
Savannah Offbeat activities
Free or cheap things to do
1. Take a Ghost Tour Savannah is well known for its haunted history. There are a number of ghost tours you can take to explore the citys spooky side.
2. Visit Bonaventure Cemetery Bonaventure Cemetery is one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the United States and is a great place to explore and take some amazing photos.
3. Kayak the Savannah River Kayaking is a great way to explore the Savannah River and its many tributaries. You can rent a kayak and take a leisurely paddle around the river.
4. Visit Wormsloe Historic Site Wormsloe is a historical site that includes a former plantation, a museum, and a nature trail. It is a great place to learn about the history of the area and explore the nature.
5. Take a Cooking Class Taking a cooking class in Savannah is a great way to learn about the local cuisine and
Jacksonville seasonal activities
Activities for every season
1. Visit the Beaches: With its white sand beaches, Jacksonville is the perfect place to enjoy fun in the sun. Take advantage of the waves, and spend some time on the beach with your friends and family.
2. Enjoy a Concert or Sporting Event: Jacksonville is home to some of the best venues for concerts and sporting events. Catch a show at the Times-Union Center or cheer on the Jaguars at TIAA Bank Field.
3. Take a Cruise: Book a cruise and explore the St. Johns River, Intracoastal Waterway, or even the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoy the sights and sounds of Jacksonville from the comfort of a cruise ship.
4. Kayak or Paddleboard: Rent a kayak or paddleboard and explore the waters of Jacksonville. There are plenty of great spots to launch from and enjoy nature.
5. Go to the Zoo: Visit the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens and get up close with some
Fun things to do in with kids
Free or cheap things to do
1-Visit the Savannah Children's Museum
2-Hang out in Forsyth Park
3-Hop on a trolley tour
4-Visit Savannah's Candy Kitchen
5-Buy some cookies at Byrd's
6-Get an ice cream from Leopold's
7-Savannah National Wildlife Refuge
8-Explore the street art in the Starland District
9-Explore the city's art scene
10-Visit the Artzeum
11-Take a riverboat cruise
12-Catch a show at the historic Savannah Theatre
13-Visit Juliette Gordon Low's Birthplace
14-Hit the beach at Tybee Island
15-Go to Cumberland Island
16-Visit the Savannah History Museum
17-Visit the Georgia State Railroad Museum
18-Catch a baseball game
19-Visit Ellis Square
20-Go to the UGA Marine Education Center and Aquarium
21-Walk the Avenue of Oaks at Wormsloe
22-Where to stay in Savannah, GA with kids
24-The Thunderbird Inn
City data and FAQ
What is Savannah most know for?
The beautiful architecture, the food, the beautiful public greens, the atmosphere. Savannah is one of my all time favorite places.
David Dill - Lives in Connecticut
Is Savannah worth visiting?
Yes, Savannah is worth visiting. Fall and spring are the perfect times. Summer is too hot. If you like historical places, Savannah is great. Unfortunately hotels are expensive and the restaurants are tourist traps. One of my favorite places is Fort Pulaski. It was a civil war fort that is well preserved and is a national park. Tybee is overcrowded and expensive. I would pass on it unless you must go to the beach. SH
Steven Hirsch - Lives in Savannah, GA (1957- Present)
Do you need a car to visit Savannah?
Technically, no. You can take a plane to Sav/Hilton Head Airport, then Uber to downtown. A distance of about 13 miles. There are plenty of hotels within reasonable (Less than 2 miles) walking distance of downtown. Of course, they are a bit pricier than ones not in that immediate vicinity. Once there, you can take a trolly to visit historical areas. The trolly will allow you to disembark and visit various areas. And then pick up the next trolly as it passes that point. You would also want to visit River Street, which is the commercial district abutting the Savannah River. Just a few steps down from downtown.
Ted Lived in Georgia (2011 Present)
Not to visit, unless you"ve had one frozen drink too many at Wet Willie's.,
No. If you stay in or near the Historic District, and dont mind walking, you have access to a lot of what Savannah has to offer. The best place to start is the Visitors Center for all the info on how to get around in Savannah. For best hotel prices, try to find hotels just on the fringe of the Historic District vs hotels in the Historic District.
Nike Mahoney - Lives in Southeast US
Are two days enought to visit Savannah?
To fully appreciate any place requires more than one or two days, but a well planned, two day visit will allow one to see some of it
things to do search ideas
savannah things to do, things to do in savannah, savannah ga things to do, things to do in savannah ga, savannah georgia things to do, things to do near savannah ga, fun things to do savannah, things to do in savannah georgia, things to do in savannah ga today, things to do in savannah ga this weekend