Fun Things to do in Riverside
Known for its citrus industry, an entire empire was built around the sweet and zesty navel orange. Riverside has 24 nationally registered historic sites and more than 100 city landmarks commemorating this city's flavorful history.
Best time to go
The best time of year to visit Riverside in United States of America. During the month of January, February and December you are most likely to experience good weather with pleasant average temperatures that fall between 20 degrees Celsius (68�F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77�F).
Fun city facts and activities
- Riverside is a beautiful city in Southern California and one of the top destinations for visitors to enjoy. You can spend your time enjoying an assortment of activities, fine dining or exploring the many intriguing museums.
The climate in Riverside is almost perfect and this led to Californias second Gold Rush, as you travel through the city you will learn all about this and many other things from its rich history.
Neighborhoods to explore
- Downtown Riverside
- The city situated right beside the Santa Ana River has everything you can ask for, from steaks and punjab to seafood and tacos, you name it.
If youre the type who values the dining experience, too, dont worry.
Youll have plenty of that in Riverside as well, with its wide array of upscale restaurants, grill houses, cafes, pubs, and even trendy restos.
Riverside is indeed the perfect destination for that gastronomic experience youll never forget.
Riverside Offbeat activities
Free or cheap things to do
1. Take a guided tour of the California Citrus State Historic Park. 2. Visit the Riverside Fox Theater and take in a show. 3. Take a leisurely stroll along the Santa Ana River Trail. 4. Visit the Riverside Metropolitan Museum and explore its collections. 5. Enjoy a meal at the Riverside Municipal Auditorium and take in a show. 6. Take a hot air balloon ride over the city. 7. Visit the Riverside National Cemetery and pay your respects. 8. Enjoy a picnic in the park at Mount Rubidoux. 9. Catch a movie at the historic Mission Inn Hotel & Spa. 10. Take a ghost tour of the historic downtown area.
Lisbon seasonal activities
Activities for every season
1. Visit the Lisbon Christmas Market: Located in the heart of Lisbon, this seasonal market is held in the Pra̤a do Com̩rcio and offers a variety of holiday-related items, including decorations and gifts. 2. Attend the Lisbon Winter Festival: Held in the Campo Pequeno bullring, this event is a great way to experience the magic of the holiday season in Lisbon. Enjoy concerts, street performances, and a traditional parade of giant puppets. 3. Take a Tour of the City Light Show: During the holiday season, the city of Lisbon is illuminated with beautiful lights and decorations. Take a tour of the city to admire these magical displays. 4. Experience the Holidays at the Zoo: The Lisbon Zoo lights up during the holiday season, offering a unique experience for visitors. Enjoy the illumination of the animals, lights, and decorations, as well as performances from local artists. 5. Enjoy a
Fun things to do in with kids
Free or cheap things to do
1. Mount Rubidoux Park Located just west of downtown, Mount Rubidoux Park is a designated city park atop a hill nestled in the San Bernardino Mountains. 2. March Field Air Museum March Field Air Museum is an aviation museum near the March Air Reserve Base. Established in 1979, the museum promotes the understanding of humanitys desire for flight. 3. Whitewater Preserve Whitewater Preserve is a sprawling 2,851-acre nature preserve in Whitewater, less than an hour away from Riverside. 4. California Citrus State Historic Park California State Historic Park is a 248-acre open-air museum that focuses on Riversides citrus industry. 5. Riverside National Cemetery Riverside National Cemetery is the largest and busiest cemetery managed by the National Cemetery Administration, spanning 1,250-acres of dramatic, meandering landscape. 6. University of California Riverside Botanic Gardens Inside the University of Riverside are botanical gardens with more than 3,000 species of plants from all around the world. 7. Lake Hemet Lake Hemet is a reservoir created in 1895, about an hours drive away from Riverside. 8. Mission Inn Museum Extravagant and overwhelming, Mission Inn Museum dates back to the 1870s and was built as a boarding house that soon became a full-service hotel. 9. Kiddos 101 Kiddos 101 is a 2,000-square-foot haven designed for tiny tots who almost never run out of energy and eagerness to learn. 10. Castle Park Open since 1976, Castle Park is a 25-acre medieval-themed amusement park with over 35 rides and attractions.
City data and FAQ
Is Riverside worth visiting? Absolutely. From the �Cheech" Marin center for Latino art, to the Mission Inn, the state Citrus Park and so much more. We are the �City of Art and Innovation". Jo Matza � Lives in Riverside, CA Do you need a car to visit Riverside? We do have a great public transportation system but it does take so much longer. I would definitely recommend using a car. The distance between downtown and Palm Springs, for instance, is to far for a bus. You would spoil your whole day on a bus as apposed to enjoying site seeing in the desert. Beth Kaseroff � Lives in Riverside, CA (1972 � Present)
things to do search ideas
riverside things to do, things to do in riverside, fun things to do riverside, riverside things to do today, fun things to do in riverside, things to do today in riverside, best things to do in riverside, things to do in riverside this weekend, free things to do in riverside today, comedy shows riverside, things to do in riverside this week, events in riverside today, things to do in riverside with kids